Sunday, February 13, 2011

Stimulis Money Graded for Effectiveness.

This article in Education Week tries to break down the effectiveness for the stimulis money that was injected into education just over a year a go. I am a very visual person and I found some of the graphs very interesting.

They illustrate the amount of money that when to which programs. We have heard a lot about the Race to the Top grants, and other innovative focused programs, but I was surprised to see the amount of money that went into traditional programs. I am glad that Education was made a priority for the government and received a sizable portion of these funds. I am sad that most regular people will not see this information and understand that their are some people in Washington still working for the good of the people.

The rest of the article talks about how the funds are about three quarters spent and the recovery has been too gradual so that it seems that we are going to be running out of funding very soon. Hopefully by the time I am looking for a job we will have made better strides.

No comments:

Post a Comment