Thursday, February 3, 2011

School boards are the bridge...

Between the schools themselves and policy makers in Washington. Do they know something we don't? Edweek.org published this article about the findings of a recent study. It made me think of a buffer between the extremes, knee jerk reactionism and stagnation. After a rousing Graduate Seminar about the direction of  education in the U.S. I felt a little overwhelmed. I am glad that there are some more grounded attitudes in some of the decision makers. The board members listed as their priorities as making sure their students live "productive lives" and "fulfill their potential". These seem like good ideas to me. I guess that that is the great thing about a democracy, the checks and balances. No mater what is going on in the world as long as we keep a level head and make rational, informed decisions what could go wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment