Wednesday, November 2, 2011

3-4 Assignment


My micro teaching lesson last semester on using nets to produce cubs and other 3D shapes was taught to 3 other people in my cohort. I started with a short demonstration on how a cardboard box was put together. I thought the visuals worked well and the worksheets worked out ok. One student caught on very well but I had I don't think my instruction helped one of the students. I think a more in-depth group discussion as well as being more explicit with my instructions would have been better. I should have written some of the key elements of a cube net on the board as they where discovered and I think that I could have been clearer with my expectations. I thought that having the majority of the work a hands-on activity was the best part of the lesson and being able to adapt it to several different learning levels also worked well. I also think that the translation from three students to a classroom full of students might be challenging for this lesson but if I worked more on the board and had more description written down I could effectively reach 30 or so students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment