Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Technology and it's place in the classroom.

These two videos from Edweek.org bring up a very good point about using technology to teach. The both talk about technology as a tool, not the be all to end all in the classroom. Sure teachers should be current on what is available to help them teach their subject but technology only enhances their pedagogy and does not replace it. There are many highly qualified teacher out there right now that have never heard of Web 2.0 and that does not make them less of a teacher. It is great that there is all this cool stuff out there on the web to communicate but if the message is flawed than technology can only make it worse. I believe that the more tools I have as a teacher the better I will be able to immerse my students into the subjects I choose to teach. Wether it is technology, developmental psychology, educational equity or any I have yet to take, as a teacher I am only as good as how well I can get my students to understand me. I hope that I will take away from the classes that I am taking, the tools to teach my students effectively.



No comments:

Post a Comment